There are many ways to classify rolls, mainly:
(1) According to the product type, there are strip rolls, section rolls, wire rolls, etc.;
(2) According to the position of the roll in the rolling mill series, there are a blanking roll, a roughing roll, a finishing roll, etc.;
(3) According to the roll function, there are broken scale roller, perforated roller, leveling roller, etc.;
(4) According to the material of the roll, there are steel rolls, cast iron rolls, hard alloy rolls, ceramic rolls, etc.;
(5) According to the manufacturing method, there are casting rolls, forging rolls, surfacing rolls, inlaid rolls, etc.;
(6) There are hot rolling rolls and cold rolling rolls according to the state of the rolled steel. The various classifications can be combined to give a clearer meaning to the rolls, such as centrifugally cast high chromium cast iron work rolls for hot rolled strip.